Altair Equipment is looking for a Field Service Technician to ensure the water quality for our customers at various project sites.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- On-site technical customer service
- Chemical tests
- Chemical feed and control equipment maintenance
- Chemical inventory management
- Technical recommendations
- Written service reports
This position will require travel (up to 75%).
- Work with clients to troubleshoot and repair system operational problems and make corrections when appropriate.
- Assembly and disassembly of equipment – hose and pipe assembly, chemical drum handling, chemical transfer, filter backwashes, filter media replacement, pump maintenance, membrane cleaning and replacement.
- Use monitoring equipment to test water quality to assure established standards are being met.
- Perform water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis.
- Completes PC-based reports on site conditions, test results, site corrections and site deficiencies.
- Work with PLC controls; repairs pumps, instruments, and control panels
- May be required to assist at regeneration facilities when necessary.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 3-4 years of mechanical experience preferred.
- PLC experience preferred
|Job Category||Field Service|