This position is responsible for the daily production welding and fabrication in a manufacturing environment. This includes monitoring work for quality, timeliness, problem solving and decision making on routine work. Lifting requirements: up to 50 lbs., loading and unloading fixtures on a regular basis.
- 3-5 years experience
- Be able to understand and apply company specifications
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Ability to use TIG and/or MIG to weld aluminum sheet metal from 1/8″ thru 1/4″ plate and extrusion, as well as stainless steel.
- Be able to perform basic math
- Be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Have the ability to inspect welds to maintain quality and reduce rework.
- Read, write and comprehend detailed drawings, prints and work orders
- The ability to perform fit up, weld, and assemble using fixtures, surface plates and hand tools, tape measure etc.
- Comply to Company and OSHA safety standards
- Be punctual & have reliable form of transportation
- Timely and responsive production and delivery of quality product, as well as accurate tracking of time spent on individual projects
- Specified and accurate inspections and measurements
- Meeting safety performance targets
- Mechanically adept
- Attention to detail
- Strong understanding of welding techniques, concepts, practices and procedures
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
- Ability to prioritize and work under schedule demands
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to read all necessary measuring instruments
- Ability to read and interpret specifications
- Knowledge of shop practices and operations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred along with;
- 3-5 years experience in MIG and TIG welding
|Job Category||Mig Welding, TIG Welding, Welding/Fabrication|